Make Your Own Reed Diffuser With Water

I really dislike artificial fragrances, especially those plug-in types of air fresheners that are full of chemicals. Give me essential oils any day. However, many of the nicer reed diffusers are also pretty pricey. Paying $20 or $30 for a store-bought one seems rather silly when many of us have the raw materials to make our own lying around the house. Here’s how to a reed diffuser for a hit of natural aromatherapy at home.

 

 

When I decided I wanted to make my own reed diffuser liquid to refill my cute little bottle, I did what most folks do – I jumped on the handy dandy computer and tried to learn how.

And that’s when I ended up bouncing all around the internet trying to figure out which homemade reed diffuser recipe was the best.  And maybe you’re reading this right now trying to figure out the same thing!

For sure, there’s lots of different recipes, but there’s also a consistent thread through all of them too.  So after searching and reading, and comparing and thinking, I ended up doing what I usually do.  I  just made my own mixture!

Before we get to that recipe, let’s take a look at some of the things to be considered.

Choosing Ingredients For Homemade Reed Diffusers

The Base Liquid – Oil or Water ?   The first thing I realized was that some  recipes were using oil as a base and some were using water.  Because reed diffusers work by the liquid being absorbed up into the reeds, it seemed to me like water would be more easily absorbed than oil.  It also seemed like oil was a messier choice if the bottle accidentally got knocked over.  I decided on water for my base liquid.

Read more

 

 

Experiment with different essential oil combinations until you find one or two you really like. You can then increase your batches and keep them in sealed containers (like a canning jar) to save prep time later on.

Make your own essential oil reed diffusers for a natural fresh scent in your home! They’re cheaper and safer than the commercial diffusers, and you can customize your own fragrance blends with essential oils.

Many years ago I was completely obsessed with commercial air fresheners. Spray fresheners, plug-in fresheners, scented candles…you name it. Every room in our home had some sort of air-freshening device that left a strong, fruity, cheery scent in the air.

Now that I know better (thank God!), commercial air fresheners have become a thing of the past. And now that we don’t live with the constant strong scents in our home, it gets pretty overwhelming when we’re at a friend or family member’s house and all we can smell are those strong chemicals wafting through the air!

One of my favourite inventions are those nifty reed diffusers – you know those little jars of scented oils with all the sticks popping out of them? They’re wonderful and always look so pretty in a room, but the artificial fragrances in those scented oils are not so wonderful, and definitely not something I want my family to be inhaling day in and day out.

So today I’m going to show you how easy it is to make your own essential oil reed diffusers right at home!

See details

 

 


Recommended resources:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Aroma Diffuser- Improve Air Quality Daily

Holiday Collections

How to Use Bath Salts