Focus on Recovery This New Year

Wow, what a year 2020 was, am I right? Are you tired of hearing that yet? 😉

I feel like, even though the world was basically on pause for the whole year, I didn’t get any rest. And after how the world imploded, I feel in desperate need of real rest and recovery. I’m focusing on self-care this new year with an emphasis on rest and recovery.

Here are my favorite self-care, rest, and recovery products from The Gift of Scent:

Salt Soaks

The first thing that comes to mind when I’m thinking about rest and relaxation is a nice hot bath. I love adding Epsom salts to my bath to help soothe tired muscles, and the Salt Soak blends from The Gift of Scent go all out with ingredients that help soothe and relax your body and mind.

Try the “I Am Abundant” Salt Soak with Epsom Salt, Himalayan pink salt, Rose Petals, Chamomile Flowers, and essential oils. Or try the “I Am Peaceful” Salt Soak with Epsom Salt, Himalayan Salt, Dead Sea Mineral Salt, Rose Petals, Lavender Buds, and essential oils—Lavender and Ylang Ylang.

Spa Pillow

Whenever I need some heat therapy on my shoulders, I reach for the Grapemist Cuddle Spa Neck Pillow. The pillow has a gel pack that can be heated or put in the freezer for cold therapy. I just put the pillow in the microwave for 1 minute, then add a couple drops of Lavender essential oil on the pillow, place it on my shoulders…and lean back in my comfy chair.

Amp up your spa game by adding some relaxing, meditative music, warm soft socks and a blanket, a relaxing face mask, and either the sleep mask (details below) or a couple slices of cucumber over your eyes. Total relaxation.

Lavender

When I think of relaxation and sleep, the first fragrance I reach for is lavender. When I’m getting ready for bed or trying to establish a restful atmosphere, I add Belle Aroma® 100% Pure Organic Lavender Essential Oil to my ultrasonic diffuser or diffuse Lavender Fields Fragrance Oil in my Plugables® Electric Home Fragrancer.

Try lavender, sweet orange, and eucalyptus fragrance products, like the Belle Aroma essential oils or Reed Diffusers.

Sleep Mask

I was very recently introduced to the wonder of the sleep mask. I’m a light sleeper, which is ironic because any “light” wakes me up pretty much right away. And since I live in a city, there’s always some light streaming through my apartment window.

The Embroidered Lavender & Chrysanthemum Sleep Mask is the perfect addition to your sleep set up. Lavender is naturally relaxing and can help your body produce melatonin naturally. And melatonin is key to your ability to fall asleep.

Take a much-deserved nap or settle in for sleep with the Lavender & Chrysanthemum Sleep Mask.

We all deserve some true rest and relaxation this new year to recover from the stress of 2020! I hope you are able to make recovery a priority in your self-care routine.

Happy New Year!

Kate Healy for TheGiftofScent.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Aroma Diffuser- Improve Air Quality Daily

Holiday Collections

How to Use Bath Salts